Subterranean is an online forum RP. Taking place in No Era, where time no longer ticks. The planet no longer spins, one side is illuminated by it's red sun and on the other site it's cloudy black murky world where the moon is shrouded by thick black cloud

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What Genre do you prefer?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Celestine

PostSubject: What Genre do you prefer?   Sat May 09, 2009 3:47 pm

Ok so I thought I would use this area seeing as no one else is and see just what kinf od music everyone else likes or liked and also their dislikes!

Anyways I'll go first, by heart I'm a metal & rock fan!! SOAD, Metallica, Iron Maiden (you get the point)

However..

The one thing that I generally do hate even detest has to be British MC!! It's sucks so bad it's disgusting!!!
Even though I hate British MC I also hate some other bands such as Green Day and Elliot Minor primarily because they suck, and their style is horrible!! Mad

Anyways that's all I have to say, so peace-out and have a good weekend afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
*Miyako

PostSubject: Re: What Genre do you prefer?   Sun May 10, 2009 9:36 am

Music genres
Genres unique to music:

Main article: Music genre
Calypso: A music form that developed in the mid 20th century out of Kaiso music. The genre became a worldwide hit 1950's when the 1956 album titled Calypso was the first full-length record to sell more than a million copies. Calypso's most notable and popular subgenre is Soca music.
Middle Ages: Music composed from around the middle of the 5th century to the middle of the 15th century, largely characterized by monophonic and polyphonic music.
Renaissance: Music largely composed from the middle of the 15th century to around 1600.
Baroque: Music composed from around 1600 to the middle of the 17th century.
Classical: Music that was composed from around the middle of the 17th century until the early 18th century. Also used to describe some more recently-written music (neo-classical) that contains many of the same musical elements.

and more found at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genre#Music_genres

my english teacher says that "If you go through a persons's collection of music you'll know the person a lot more" for one I agree with that :3

Jazz at night of cource i like to listen to it when ever the speaker isn't talking on the radio

techno is awesome :3 but if it repeats for to long i will turn off the sound system >:C

EDM is also alright, lovely to listen to when i've not a thing to do.

Folk is ok and I listen to it some times and even make up some of my own but i can't think of any right off the bat.

Rock is more or less an every day thing I listen to, I love it and all of the counter parts like soft rock, hard rock, heavy and so on.

Pop is ok but if it's played way to much or repeats the same thing over and over and over i will rip out the sound system playing it and chuck it in the nearest distruction facilty.

rap and hip hop are cool at clubs and in the car, some times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xTheLostSailorx

PostSubject: Re: What Genre do you prefer?   Mon May 18, 2009 11:14 pm

I'm a huge Rock fan. It's mostly Christain Rock but I like others, too.

1. I think my favorite band is Superchic[k]. Their songs speak such volumes and have such a great rythym to it.
2. & 3. Relient K and Hawk Nelson are my next favorites. Their tied because I can't choose between the two of them.
3. Casting Crowns is an awesome band. They're mainly Christian but they rock. I can put everyone of their songs into a time in my life because they hold such deep meaning to me.
4. Toby Mac may be a rapper but his songs are amazing. I love them all and they have such great beats to them.
and ...I can't believe I am going to admit this
5. Jonas Brothers. I know, I know. But, I think they are awesome and I own every CD they ever produced, so yeah. I've been diagnoised with OJD (Obsessive Jonas Disorder...)

Now, I hate, aside from Toby Mac, rap and hip hop. I just detest it. It's not my style and I can't get interested in it at all... There's not much more I can say about that, I guess...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ctarlctarluniverse.wetpaint.com/
hpbooklover5

Location : Here, there, everwhere, somewhere, nowhere and lastly whenever I'm need.

PostSubject: Re: What Genre do you prefer?   Tue May 19, 2009 6:33 pm

Hmmm.. well ok this is really hard.
No. 1. I hate heavy metal can't stand the stuff its horrible and I'm finding it really hard to get myself used to screamo.
No. 2. I'm really into alternative, I like a goos bit of that and saoft rock.
No. 3. I can stand hip-hop and R&B but sometimes enough is just enough know. There's just a time when you've got to say thus far and no further.
No. 4. I'm Christian *hides face* Embarassed But I don't listen to much gospel and stuff there are some songs that I like to sing and listen to but to go seek out and find the music is a whole different thing, I know I'm horrible.
No. 5. I like Maroon Five, and yes Jonas brothers too( but not to the extent that I buy all their cds that are out), Nickleback( I am in love with that sound Savin' me), Five for fighting (Liked umm Superman I think it was),All-American Rejects. And so on

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FaeryTaleAngel

PostSubject: Re: What Genre do you prefer?   Sun May 24, 2009 9:57 pm

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Mwuhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No really, I like everything. Trust me on this one. Music is a HUGE part of my life.

Yours Truly,

FaeryTaleAngel

“Life is the fire that burns and the sun that gives light. Life is the wind and the rain and the thunder in the sky. Life is matter and is earth, what is and what is not, and what beyond is in Eternity.” ~Seneca
(I will try to type a new quote every week).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hpbooklover5

Location : Here, there, everwhere, somewhere, nowhere and lastly whenever I'm need.

PostSubject: Re: What Genre do you prefer?   Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:25 pm

LOL..I totally get where your coming from..
When I'm cleaning, music is my bse thing it just helps me float though all the work..I can study with music, eat with music even read with it, but I'm stll perfecting that technique...LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestine

PostSubject: Re: What Genre do you prefer?   Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:57 am

Same, I do everything with music too

eat, drink, sleep, breathe, tidy, wash, bathe, shower, game, RP

Literally just about anything, I just wish I could go into my exams with music Sad I wouldn't cheat and have cheaty things on my mp3 player. I just want music!! It would help me loads I think! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Genre do you prefer?   

Back to top Go down

What Genre do you prefer?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Subterranean  :: General Discussions :: Music-
Jump to: