Subterranean is an online forum RP. Taking place in No Era, where time no longer ticks. The planet no longer spins, one side is illuminated by it's red sun and on the other site it's cloudy black murky world where the moon is shrouded by thick black cloud

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fate of the Fun N Games Section

Go down 

What should the fate of the Fun N Games section be?
1. Kill It[Explain in post]
33%
 33% [ 1 ]
2. Keep it Alive[Explain in post]
67%
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
X27
Admin

PostSubject: Fate of the Fun N Games Section   Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:53 pm

I know this is something that I don't want to do.
I was really expecting the Fun N Games section to be used, but sparingly not as something to be used everyday.
I feel the members are using to much of the Fun N Games section.
Half of your post counts goes to playing the games.
When we have other sections, that I'm trying to fill up as well.
It's part of your duty as a member to fill in those areas as well.
I want to take drastic measures to get rid of the Fun N Game section, but I want my members words on this too.
What is the fate of the Fun N Games section?

PostSubject: Re: Fate of the Fun N Games Section   Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:45 pm

Everyone,

I am not afraid to say which way I voted.

I voted to keep the Fun N' Games section opened.

Feeling that it deserves a chance, and that our Admin is absolutely correct in terms of how we need to contribute to the other sections and threads that this Forum has to offer, I am going to be a little strict on this. No, not abusing my power, and no, not doing anything rash or awful in pertinence to that. I have been through mods like that, and we all know how dreadful that can be.

But I do believe that although it is okay to use the Fun N' Games section everyday, mostly out of boredom, entertainment, or interaction with another human being, we should also try to contribute to the other portions of the site as well. That is what will make our Forum, come together, as a whole. It is what will make us prosper, rather then slowly slip away into something that never was, nor ever will be.

Contributing to all portions of the Forum will help tremendously, and will overall improve the Forum. If we can do so efficiently, and still have fun with it, not to mention make this forum thrive, it should all be well and fine.

I voted to keep the Fun N' Games section open, because the individuals here at Subterranean seem to like it a load, and contribute a lot to it.

Let us try to contribute more to the rest of the Forum as well, all right you lot?

All right. I am looking forward to hearing from everyone else now, so I will be quiet. I still feel as if I hadn't quite gotten out all I wanted to say though. Anyway, I type too much anyhow. Ha-ha!

CONTRIBUTE AS A WHOLE TO THE WHOLE!

~Fae

“Life is the fire that burns and the sun that gives light. Life is the wind and the rain and the thunder in the sky. Life is matter and is earth, what is and what is not, and what beyond is in Eternity.” ~Seneca
(I will try to type a new quote every week).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestine

PostSubject: Re: Fate of the Fun N Games Section   Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:10 pm

Ok, I think I accidentally clicked the Kill it button, but that's totally wrong, I meant to click the keep it button so sorry for any confusion, so I'll explain my reasoning for keeping the Fun 'N' Games section even after my accident now.

Well I'm sure one of the reasons why Rem has thought about killing the Fun 'N' Games section due to the fact that I'm often posting away in their rather than posting away in the RP area; but I think we need to keep the Fun 'N' Games section because it's here where we can chat and do random things. Ok so sure we might spam the fun right out of fun (hope taht makes sense to you guys and girls), but at the end of the day it is the area where we communicate out of character on the forum. I know this is an RP forum and we should focus alot more on the RP area's, which I'm trying to (honest) but if a forum just becomes all about a RP then I think that the bonds that are made from the Fun 'N' Games section might be lost or if it is killed won't be their however I also believe that if the forum continues primarily on the OOC area's then we aren't doing our duty to the forum, this forum is about RP and it's that which should be our first concerns and what we should work on more.

However I personally think that it's the OOC area's that pull people closer as an online community and stengthen the bonds that we have with each other and also to new people when they come, so for this forum to thrive I believe (I think I've used that a bit too much, but oh well...) that an OOC area should exhist, and hopefully the people here will agree with what FaeryTaleAngel me I have said, however I think that we need to keep in mind that primarily this is a RP forum so all the effort that goes into spamming the Fun 'N' Games section should also be put into the RP section, especially for this place to thrive.

Well I think I've said enough on this, but what will you decide?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X27
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fate of the Fun N Games Section   Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:58 pm

Celestine wrote:
Ok, I think I accidentally clicked the Kill it button, but that's totally wrong, I meant to click the keep it button so sorry for any confusion, so I'll explain my reasoning for keeping the Fun 'N' Games section even after my accident now.

Well I'm sure one of the reasons why Rem has thought about killing the Fun 'N' Games section due to the fact that I'm often posting away in their rather than posting away in the RP area; but I think we need to keep the Fun 'N' Games section because it's here where we can chat and do random things. Ok so sure we might spam the fun right out of fun (hope taht makes sense to you guys and girls), but at the end of the day it is the area where we communicate out of character on the forum. I know this is an RP forum and we should focus alot more on the RP area's, which I'm trying to (honest) but if a forum just becomes all about a RP then I think that the bonds that are made from the Fun 'N' Games section might be lost or if it is killed won't be their however I also believe that if the forum continues primarily on the OOC area's then we aren't doing our duty to the forum, this forum is about RP and it's that which should be our first concerns and what we should work on more.

However I personally think that it's the OOC area's that pull people closer as an online community and stengthen the bonds that we have with each other and also to new people when they come, so for this forum to thrive I believe (I think I've used that a bit too much, but oh well...) that an OOC area should exhist, and hopefully the people here will agree with what FaeryTaleAngel me I have said, however I think that we need to keep in mind that primarily this is a RP forum so all the effort that goes into spamming the Fun 'N' Games section should also be put into the RP section, especially for this place to thrive.

Well I think I've said enough on this, but what will you decide?

I wasn't just talking about the RP area, I understand that even I couldn't RP everyday and night....Mirun could, but I can't.
But there is a Literature section, a daily news section, a graphics section, rant section.
There are plenty more sections that need well deserved life.
Very few post in them and they need just as much as attention.
This is a new site and we're trying to make it thrive of life.
Right now Fun N Games only thrives of life, RP section barely hanging, Literature section dead, you get the picture.

And I hope with this reply no one else gets the clear impression that I just want the RP to be focused on.
I want all the other sections as well.

PostSubject: Re: Fate of the Fun N Games Section   Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:21 pm

Ok many apologies for thinking that you wanted primarily the RP section focused on. I think the problem we have then is the fact that we don't have many members and I think it could be a simple fact that people could just be scared to post in them to be the first person to post, or I could be completely wrong. But I think that it's the fact we just don't have many people in our community and it's an unfortunate thing because I believe this forum has the ability to become something big! So I think an agenda for advertising should arise thinking about this actually, ok now I feel bad because I appear to have went off on a tangent. But honestly I think our problem is the lack of members more than anything else to be honest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X27
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fate of the Fun N Games Section   Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:25 pm

Celestine wrote:
Ok many apologies for thinking that you wanted primarily the RP section focused on. I think the problem we have then is the fact that we don't have many members and I think it could be a simple fact that people could just be scared to post in them to be the first person to post, or I could be completely wrong. But I think that it's the fact we just don't have many people in our community and it's an unfortunate thing because I believe this forum has the ability to become something big! So I think an agenda for advertising should arise thinking about this actually, ok now I feel bad because I appear to have went off on a tangent. But honestly I think our problem is the lack of members more than anything else to be honest.
My problem mainly though is the fact that the little members that I have, have humongous post count from doing nothing but spamming.
That is the big issues.
That is why I ask this question.

PostSubject: Re: Fate of the Fun N Games Section   Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:28 pm

Ok here's a heads up apology about what I'm going to say in advance so sorry for asking this and sounding like a pain.

But the whole post count thing that's something that's been getting at me, what's the deal with it? I mean I have no idea why their is a problem with post counts and for me it's confused me, so would you mind helping a gut out and help clear things up for me please? Sorry if this appears to be in the wrong place, but I couldn't think where else to put it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X27
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fate of the Fun N Games Section   Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:43 pm

Celestine wrote:
Ok here's a heads up apology about what I'm going to say in advance so sorry for asking this and sounding like a pain.

But the whole post count thing that's something that's been getting at me, what's the deal with it? I mean I have no idea why their is a problem with post counts and for me it's confused me, so would you mind helping a gut out and help clear things up for me please? Sorry if this appears to be in the wrong place, but I couldn't think where else to put it.

Post count shows where you have been.
Where you go on the forums.
Without it you would have no record of where you have been.
Now if all anyone can find you participating in the Spam section, it just makes you look like a tideous spammer.
Or may give the newer members an impression of some sort.
I want all my members to look like they fully participate in all parts of the forum as a whole.
I don't want all my members to be known for only going to the Spam section and the Daily News section only rarely.
That is why it matters.

But also what matters is I want all the threads to thrive on this forum.
Those are my 2 factors.

PostSubject: Re: Fate of the Fun N Games Section   

Back to top Go down

Fate of the Fun N Games Section
Page 1 of 1