Subterranean
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Subterranean is an online forum RP. Taking place in No Era, where time no longer ticks. The planet no longer spins, one side is illuminated by it's red sun and on the other site it's cloudy black murky world where the moon is shrouded by thick black cloud

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Showing off Graphics

Go down 
+5
FaeryTaleAngel
xTheLostSailorx
Radiance
X27
Mirun
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mirun

Mirun

Showing off Graphics Empty
PostSubject: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 2:09 pm

'Ello there, as most of you have notice well my signature ava. There were made by me. Here is a recent signature of mine:

Showing off Graphics 30ngllv

As you can tell it's for our lovely admin Rem Nightfall like. We're friends so I'm quite happy he asked me to make him a signature.

Oh yes the purpose of this thread as it states is to show off graphics you have made recently or haven't. Ask each other for techniques and what not. Just to show off our skills. I can't wait to see what you lot have in store.
Back to top Go down
X27
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 2:21 pm

You're greatest signature maker alive.
That was a joke.
I like the colors in here.
Love the fading words and too.
Good work, Mirun.
Back to top Go down
https://subterranean.forumotion.net
Radiance

Radiance

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Well, I'm a bit rusty on my sigs, so the one I made is its latest ^^' I'll go make more when I have the chance and it anyone wants requests feel free to do so xP
Back to top Go down
Mirun

Mirun

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:04 am

I love the colours in your signature. Maybe this isn't my piece of cake. But I don't like how the character and the background are fighting for a spotlight. But other then that it's gorgeous I love the theme and the style of it. It's a good piece of work and can't wait to see more of your work. With that signature you don't seem rusty at all. Not at all. You seem like you kick my but any time.
Back to top Go down
xTheLostSailorx

xTheLostSailorx

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:53 pm

Ahem...

Well, I'm new at the whole making graphics thing. So, mine aren't the greatest. I could really use some practice or something...Embarassed anyway, I thought I'd show off one that I made. It's my first popout signature, so, it's definitely not the best.

Showing off Graphics Popoutsignature2
The lettering could have been better. I don't think you can really see it Neutral

Plus, I made my current signature and avatar.
Back to top Go down
http://ctarlctarluniverse.wetpaint.com/
FaeryTaleAngel

FaeryTaleAngel

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 12:51 am

Mirun,

I like your signature that you created. Although at times, no matter how much I like using the particular text setting on Adobe Photoshop myself, I notice that the "Clear Emboss (type)" Styles and Effects feature rather tends to be somewhat hard to see at times. But, I must admit, you blended it well with the background, and made it an easy read. Since I like a mix of colors (somewhat), in signatures in general, I think, in my opinion only though, that it could have used more colors. But eh, everybody is different, and overall, I really like the way that your signature for our Admin turned out. Keep up the good work.

~FaeryTaleAngel

Temperance,

What can I say? I always like your signatures (maybe, as stated above, it might be due to the excessive colors and what not *laughs a bit*). I like the vector art design in the background, and I also like how your avatar compliments the signature, regardless of it not being one in the same, if you catch my drift. Keep up the good work.

~FaeryTaleAngel

xTheLostSailorx,

Wow... Your first pop-out signature? That is pretty good, actually. So, do not brutalize your own work at the sign of a flaw. We all have them. Besides, in Japan, when a piece of art (especially pertaining to that of pottery), has a flaw, it makes it that much more valuable and it tends to be worth more, not to mention, liked more by their culture. I like the signature actually, and I think that you did a good job on it. I like the background a lot, as well. The only thing that I can find that needs a little tiny bit of fixing, is the lettering. I agree with you on that. But still, overall, I really like it, and the color blend is done quite well, also. Keep up the good work.

~FaeryTaleAngel

Side Note: I usually do not tend to comment on things, such as poetry, art, signatures, and etcetera... I am a really tough critic, and at times tend to be a little over-honest. I was subtle on this, but I was honest as well. I just thought that I would let you guys know that for future reference so that way nobody thinks that I am mean or anything. Gods, that would make such an awful impression. *gasps* Oh no, I hope that I was not too harsh on you guys here. *looks up and re-reads everything* I think I am good, but... We will see, will we not? Hehhehhehhehheh... ^^' <- rare emoticon.

Anyway, I most likely will not be posting anything of the sort, because I think that I am gods awful at this sort of thing, and well... My art does not deserve to be seen by the public eye. *laughs* Maybe someday though, maybe... Hmm... At this point I am rambling and have not a clue as into what I am saying, so maybe I should just stop and well, you know, be quiet. Heh... Thanks for listening all the same though! Ha-ha!

~Faery

P.S. That probably made not even the least bit of sense. My plan worked! Just kidding... Mwuhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
*Miyako

*Miyako

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 1:38 pm

i wish i could do signatures ;.; the best i'm at is making a picture smaller but i have my other arts all up on my deviant art :3 back to the old style of pencil and paper.
Back to top Go down
X27
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 12:04 am

FaeryTaleAngel wrote:
Mirun,

I like your signature that you created. Although at times, no matter how much I like using the particular text setting on Adobe Photoshop myself, I notice that the "Clear Emboss (type)" Styles and Effects feature rather tends to be somewhat hard to see at times. But, I must admit, you blended it well with the background, and made it an easy read. Since I like a mix of colors (somewhat), in signatures in general, I think, in my opinion only though, that it could have used more colors. But eh, everybody is different, and overall, I really like the way that your signature for our Admin turned out. Keep up the good work.

~FaeryTaleAngel

Temperance,

What can I say? I always like your signatures (maybe, as stated above, it might be due to the excessive colors and what not *laughs a bit*). I like the vector art design in the background, and I also like how your avatar compliments the signature, regardless of it not being one in the same, if you catch my drift. Keep up the good work.

~FaeryTaleAngel

xTheLostSailorx,

Wow... Your first pop-out signature? That is pretty good, actually. So, do not brutalize your own work at the sign of a flaw. We all have them. Besides, in Japan, when a piece of art (especially pertaining to that of pottery), has a flaw, it makes it that much more valuable and it tends to be worth more, not to mention, liked more by their culture. I like the signature actually, and I think that you did a good job on it. I like the background a lot, as well. The only thing that I can find that needs a little tiny bit of fixing, is the lettering. I agree with you on that. But still, overall, I really like it, and the color blend is done quite well, also. Keep up the good work.

~FaeryTaleAngel

Side Note: I usually do not tend to comment on things, such as poetry, art, signatures, and etcetera... I am a really tough critic, and at times tend to be a little over-honest. I was subtle on this, but I was honest as well. I just thought that I would let you guys know that for future reference so that way nobody thinks that I am mean or anything. Gods, that would make such an awful impression. *gasps* Oh no, I hope that I was not too harsh on you guys here. *looks up and re-reads everything* I think I am good, but... We will see, will we not? Hehhehhehhehheh... ^^' <- rare emoticon.

Anyway, I most likely will not be posting anything of the sort, because I think that I am gods awful at this sort of thing, and well... My art does not deserve to be seen by the public eye. *laughs* Maybe someday though, maybe... Hmm... At this point I am rambling and have not a clue as into what I am saying, so maybe I should just stop and well, you know, be quiet. Heh... Thanks for listening all the same though! Ha-ha!

~Faery

P.S. That probably made not even the least bit of sense. My plan worked! Just kidding... Mwuhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crud now you took critique to a new level Faery. Wow that was a great amount of commentary.
Back to top Go down
https://subterranean.forumotion.net
FaeryTaleAngel

FaeryTaleAngel

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 5:30 am

Quote :

Holy crud now you took critique to a new level Faery. Wow that was a great amount of commentary.

Rem,

Indeed, and umm... Thank you? Heh...

~Fae
Back to top Go down
*Miyako

*Miyako

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:38 am

well she did comment on three people which is still a lot.

<kindof skipped seeing the post first

O_O dang
Back to top Go down
FaeryTaleAngel

FaeryTaleAngel

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 5:32 pm

I have a slight tendency for writing a lot. I am sort of umm... Notorious for it. Heh...

But yes, I did comment on three people. Ha-ha!

~Fae
Back to top Go down
*Miyako

*Miyako

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 5:58 pm

hmm I think I'll run one of my current works through here :3 I like opinions before I put things up.
Back to top Go down
Celestine

Celestine

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 4:02 pm

Ok I'm not one for berying very artful or talented with art, however I have always to create a cool signature so just wondering what programme(s) would you use to get yourself started??
Back to top Go down
*Miyako

*Miyako

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 4:49 pm

Showing off Graphics Img10

i left most of the book showing off the edges because that's how i'm going to leave this one. i don't know why just because. :/

It's not finished by the way
Back to top Go down
Celestine

Celestine

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:45 pm

Looks like a cool drawn piece, the title of the piece doesn't suit it though personally, but that's just me :p
Back to top Go down
*Miyako

*Miyako

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 5:02 am

Celestine wrote:
Looks like a cool drawn piece, the title of the piece doesn't suit it though personally, but that's just me :p

I sortof just threw a title on it just to please some people Razz

what do you think it should be called?
Back to top Go down
Celestine

Celestine

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 6:59 am

What about something like "Shadow of the woods" ?

Unfortunately I don't title things for a reason.....

But if you agree and like it AWESOME Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xTheLostSailorx

xTheLostSailorx

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:11 am

Well, thank you, Faery. I appreciate it Smile

I have more but there's too many to post here (I'd take up a lot of space...). They are all at my deviantart page. The links in my signature if anyone wants to check them out.
Back to top Go down
Mirun

Mirun

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:59 pm

Here is a recent of recent, but not to recent. I'm making new one soon:

Showing off Graphics 34gvh9j
Back to top Go down
Radiance

Radiance

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 1:44 am

Here are some of my old works:

Showing off Graphics Jubu
second one was messy xD
Showing off Graphics 4Kana-1
Back to top Go down
*Miyako

*Miyako

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:05 am

*dose a funny pose then bows* I am not worthy (lol)
Back to top Go down
Celestine

Celestine

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:08 am

< Still wants to know what programmes he should use to 'attempt' to create these things, so if anyone would care to spill the beans it would be much appreciated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xTheLostSailorx

xTheLostSailorx

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Celestine wrote:
< Still wants to know what programmes he should use to 'attempt' to create these things, so if anyone would care to spill the beans it would be much appreciated Very Happy

I use GIMP. It's easy and free (which were both selling points for me). But, I'm sure some will say it's not as great as PS...
Back to top Go down
Celestine

Celestine

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 7:23 pm

GIMP?!? very strange for a programme name lol, anyway I'll check it out and see what it's like, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
xTheLostSailorx

xTheLostSailorx

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 9:35 pm

Celestine wrote:
GIMP?!? very strange for a programme name lol, anyway I'll check it out and see what it's like, thanks Smile

No problem. I'm glad I could help Very Happy

Also, here's a new popout I made. I feel it's much better then the last one:

Showing off Graphics Osakapopout
Isn't Osaka the best? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Showing off Graphics   Showing off Graphics Empty

Back to top Go down

Showing off Graphics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next